Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Strep and a Smile

My attempt at Wordless Wednesday. It's chock full of words. #wordlessfail

What we thought was swimmers ear turned out to to be strep. Excellent. Third time this summer. 


Yes, those are her tonsils. They are huge. Normally. They don't even look that bad right now. 


But she looks like crap. Poor kid. She feels even worse. 

Ya know when you just need a Coke and you run into the store to grab one, but first you stop to read the sign in front of the entrance and you can't understand it despite it looking a lot like English?


Stay gold, Ponyboy. And hire me to be your proofreader and editor. Lord knows the Defense Department has the money. 

Facebook apparently thinks I'd make a great exterminator, though.  I think I could probably do a better job matching up stock photos with tag lines than the current guy. 


Busy bees. I get it. But really?  That's the best you got?  Stay gold, Ad Dude. I wonder if he's the same guy proof reading the signs over here. 

The best part of that much needed Coke? Getting a cosmic, transcontinental hug along with it.


It's the best. And yes, I'd love to share a Coke with my sweet Olivia.  I miss that munchkin every day. 

So, yeah, I got a Coke and a smile. Later I got a beer and a climax.  


Of rich taste!!! A climax of rich taste!!!  It was with dinner. In a restaurant. With the children present. Come on now. 

And this. Iryna handed it to me as we walked to Girl Scout day camp. 


It reads, "Oh beautiful Freyja. I will miss you. All of us will. But let me tell you this: You are my hero. I will dream about you every night. 

"I will miss you so very much. But I will see you by the Rainbow Bridge."

Made me stop, put my head in my hands, and ugly cry right there on the street. 

See? I am a good editor. 

My beautiful Freyja. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment