Sunday, August 24, 2014

Aimless Monsoon Wandering



This monsoons hit this past week. The same week that Mike had to work a double night shift. He was gone 7:30pm till 10:30am. That left the kids and I out in the rain. Literally. 


Mike had to sleep. We live in a hotel room. We have four loud children. So every day I gathered the youngin's up and headed out, looking for something to do. 


Hiking Namsan was out. No way was I going to try pulling the wagon up that mountain in this crap.  I don't even like hiking in beautiful weather, completely unencumbered.  Like hell I'm gonna be some amphibious donkey. 


I tried convincing the kids to play outside on the playground, but they kept seeing lightening. I don't believe them. I think they were faking in order to sit in the lobby clashing their clans and mining their crafts. 


If you don't know what I'm talking about, rejoice!!  It's like knowing nothing about smoking crank or ignorance of that 3 Girls, 1 Cup video. You just simply do not even want to know. I promise you. 

So we ate at the Korean lunch buffet. 


Since it was a buffet, it killed a lot of time. Let's just say we got our money's worth. 


And we may or may not be welcomed back. I won't be surprised either way. But the food was outstanding so I tipped well hoping we can go back. We might have to wear disguises. And leave this guy at home. 


Nothing.  But. Trouble. 

Everywhere. Even at the Burger King playground. 


Which we hung at a lot because it was indoors and somewhat contained. That's what you look for when you've got a sleeping husband, one hotel room, monsoons, and a whirling dervish who screams like a band of banshees. Oh, and he steals shoes, too. And throws them. At people. 

So yeah, we may not be welcomed back to Burger King anytime soon, either. Too bad they don't accept tips. 


Iryna really enjoyed breaking the rules, too. No climbing on the outside of the play structure. She doesn't mind rules. They're written for the peasants, anyway. 

There's plenty of other Burger Kings in Korea. This one kind of bites if you base your fast food experience on the diaper changers like I do. 


Who the hell mounts a diaper changer so damn high that the kid is level with mom's boobs?  And I am fairly tall by Korean standards, plus I've got some good height with my sandals. My 4'11" mother would not have been able to even get him on this changer. 

No BK bueno. 

The kids hit the Jamba Juice quite a bit. 


Mama hit her own kind of juice just as much. 


Don't judge. It was a long week. Very long. 

We went to the kids' school orientations. The elementary school is huge. There are more kids in the second grade alone than in their entire school last year. 


There's something like 2000 students. It's crazy. 

Reilly Kate's school is a little more manageable. She seemed to find some friends instantly. 


I'll admit to shedding a few tears, though. I feel like I'm sending my baby out to the wolves. 

Or maybe I'm just reliving my own middle school horror. Shiver. 

We bought some new school shoes. Please note the shoe theif at work. 


I'm almost positive we aren't welcome back to the PX. Shortly after this picture was taken, I put Kelly in the wagon and turned down the shampoo aisle. He stuck his arm out and, in one fell swoop, knocked an entire shelf's worth of shampoo tumbling to the ground. 

I'm really glad shampoo comes in plastic bottles. Let's just say, we are rethinking Kelly's metal sippy cup. Nuff said. For legal reasons. I cannot get into here. 


But look what an angel he is while he's sleeping. Unfortunately, this happened only once this past week. I'd had enough and just camped out for two hours in the lobby. 

The highlight, though, was bowling. Cosmic bowling.


We donned our best neon gear and...



...we glowed as we rolled, baby!!!


Roman kicked some serious ass. 


So did RK. Who knew she had such a wicked hook?

I hope we will be welcomed back despite this guy throwing the balls instead of rolling  them. Loft much?  Why yes!!


He did get the hang of rolling toward the end of the second game. Rolling himself down the lane, that is. Apparently, that's strictly forbidden for safety reasons. The Kellster doesn't give a shit. 


But they gave me a frequent bowler card. Three more games and I get one for free. I think they want us back. Maybe. Or maybe just without the dervish. 

So when Friday came and the week was over, I was done. I had developed a nervous twitch, a mean ass bark, a much worse bite, and the look of a crazed bitch. 

I covered it all with a thick slab of make up, some Spanx, and a pair of killer heals, then forced my sleep deprived husband to take me out into town. 


Suffice it to say, I didn't look this good when I came back. But I felt a whole lot better. 

























1 comment: