Friday, August 1, 2014

3 Whores, 6 Broken Hearts, and 1 Dog

We went today to have a safety inspection done on the place we hope to rent. 



The irony that we drove like this to a SAFETY inspection is not at all lost on me. But, alas, when in Asia throw all caution to the wind and pay extra to pass your inspection. 

This place is considered a villa, kind of like a town home or condo. Ours is a two story town home/condo within a bigger building. While we looked at several single family homes, this place was by far the nicest and biggest we found. 

Our unit was previously rented by Korean singing legend, Patti Kim. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patti_Kim_(singer). 



We were told she hosted many parties in that villa. Granted, she's pretty old so the parties were probably pretty tame, but still, the place is roomy and sound proof. Perfect for our rowdy gang. 

I must have walked past this place hundreds of times, waving hello to the elderly security guards for years. And now we are planning to move in with our impressively large family. Large, at least, by Korean standards. 


But I never knew the building had a name. Until now. 

The name:


"Sam" in Korean is 3. Three Ho's. 

Yes, we are moving into the 3 Whores Villa. Awesome, isn't it?  If you know Iryna, you know her lifelong dream is to open a restaurant and call it "Crusty Hoes."  It's all coming together now.

We did a little more exploring in the neighborhood, too. This gem with it's "hot spicy source" is right next to the 3 Whores.  


I'm actually quite excited to be so close to a restaurant that I will be able to lean my head out my front door and shout out my order. I'd worry that this will be bad new for my ass, but living atop that fucking hill will burn it all off, I'm sure. 

At the bottom of that hill is a churros shop. They serve up authentic churros with the not so authentic soft serve!!  


Don't be fooled by this name either. That's nothing "street" about this place. It's awesome!!

Okay. So maybe my fat ass is in a bit of trouble. But this hill!!  It's huge!!  Seriously. It'd probably make a FitBit explode. 

There's even a vet clinic down the hill. I took Candy there once. A long, long time ago. 


But I'm not quite sure what they're advertising. It's something exciting, though. You can tell because there's a lot of exclamation points. 


And it appears to be free. Or maybe that word just doesn't mean what they think it means. 

It all seems quite perfect. A good location. Not far from base. Lots of shops. A villa with space for all of us, and a yard for our dogs. 

But it's not going to be quite as perfect as we thought. 

I got an email this morning from the man training and kenneling our dogs asking me to call him immediately. 

He took Freyja to get a repeat rabies titers test. While there, he asked the vet to check her leg. They had been running and playing at the pond and she'd been limping ever since. The vet took an xray. 


"Osteosarcoma."


"Advanced stage"


"Incurable."


"Inoperable."


"In pain."


"Only months to live..."


"...with no quality of life."


"Making her as comfortable as possible."


We have no choice but to let her go. Let her go without a goodbye. That's what hurts most. We cannot tell her how much she is loved, how much she will be missed. No goodbye. Just gone. Our sweet girl. Just gone. 

And so it is, that this family of 6 broken hearts and 1 dog move into the 3 Whores Villa. I'm sure it makes perfect mathematical sense somehow. But my heart cannot make any sense of it at all. 

















2 comments:

  1. Sam ho. lol Yup looks like you are on the hill. Least you're not OVER it yet. I'm sad to hear about Freyja. You guys gave her a great life. If you need a replacement I'm housebroken, but I bite a little bit. What gives here? I can visit YOUR blog but not mine! This country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Figured out how to post!!!
    you are in trouble now lol
    Dave you do have to visit them.. maybe when we do?? April/May 2015?

    ReplyDelete