Sunday, August 10, 2014

Photo Dump

Just a bunch of random pictures I have wanted to post but they never fit in with any theme. 

I promise not to make you cry with this one. I swear. 

Disclaimer: Many of the pictures I'm going to post here are humorous English language mistakes. I am not making fun of anyone other than the idiot who didn't think to ask for help with his/her work. Brilliance is, after all, knowing when to ask an expert to make you look your best. 

If English isn't your native language, let me take a look at your signage before you hit "Publish."  That goes for you, too, DoD employees!!

On the other hand, we Americans speak nothing but English and pretty much expect the world to comply. 

Speaking of which, the housing briefing. 


This should just read, "If your house catches fire, don't bother calling anyone. Just run for your fucking life!"


Or learn a bit of Korean. Just a bit. Like how to say, "My house is on fucking fire!"

Too hard?  Hmmm...

English punctuation is hard, too. But a little can go a long way. 


"All you, can it!"

"All, you can it."

Meat packing restaurant?  I'm going with the former. Nobody wants to hear your rambling while packing in some meat. So stifle, y'all!!

Once upon a time, I had a frenemy who was so in love with Korea that she went by the name "Song."  Just your usual 6 foot tall white chick with a Korean name. Anyway, she swore up and down that there were no co-ed bathrooms in Korea because the culture wouldn't allow it. She called me a liar, flat out, when I talked about them. Years later, I still giggle like a crazy drunk every time I piss in one. 


Probably because I'm usually a crazy drunk when I piss in one. 

I also giggle when I see bizarro bathroom art. 


What IS this, anyway?

This bathroom was chock full of intormation. 


Even autocorrect knows better.  I had to keep typing "intormation" over and over before it stopped correcting it. 


Such an easy fix. But so worth the resulting endorphins. Thank you, Ms Bathroom Intormtion Board Lady. 

Korea is striving to become an international travel destination. To that end, there are now gorgeous and clean public bathrooms scattered about the city.


 This is some brick work in one in Insadong. 


Beautiful, eh? And all done in brick. Absolutely stunning. And in a JOHN! A public john!!


A stark contrast to the brick work in this restaurant. 


I took this picture because I was feeling very nostalgic. This bathroom looked a lot like the bathroom of my first apartment. 


Complete with a stinky drain in the middle of the room.  Ah, the memories. 

That public bathroom in Insadong even had a nursing room. But they need a different sign. One of those from Mothering, perhaps. 


When I saw this, all I could think was "I don't think that word means what you think it means."

But "nursing" is different in the Queen's English  as well.  Bless 'em. We speak 'merican, anyway. 

Check this out, my 'merican brethren!  The MegaMac! Only available at the Itaewon Mcdonalds. Itaewon is where the American base is located. 


If this were served elsewhere in Korea, it would feed a family of four.  No joke. Four.  

Here's a good one. Two restaurants. Right next to each other. 


My Noodle. My Stik. The 12 year old boy that lives in my head cannot stop cackling like a toothless whore. 

Now, this one was intentional. 


I'm pretty sure, anyway. 

And this one. At our old hang out, Seoul Pub. 


Older, fatter, moderately wiser, but still hanging tough. 

Lastly, I lied. 

Pictures and a note from Dan. 


"Evening walk about."


"I look forward to them as much as she does."


How can we be so lucky in our misfortune?  #blessed


















No comments:

Post a Comment