Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Unforgettable. That's What We Are.

Well, we've set a new personal best for modeling in Korea. In under three weeks, we were approached by an international modeling agency. 

Right after swim practice, as we were leaving. a woman walked up to me and said, "I know you. I know your kids. Here's my card. I want them to model for me again. I can take a picture?"

She thrust a very familiar card with an even more familiar name on it. It'd been almost 8 years and that's as much as the passages of time allowed me to recognize. 

Not, however, Ajuma. She recognized me, Roman, and even Reilly Kate (although, she did think RK was a boy). 

Koreans are incredibly focused on faces. They read faces like we in the west read palms. Being a modeling agent, she's even more in tuned to facial features. But even given all that, this is still an incredible feat of facial recognition.  

Of course, it could be that these kids just model incredibly well. 

Here's Iryna modeling some southern style BBQ. 


Yes, there's an authentic and delicious BBQ joint right in the heart of Itaewon. It's owned by the younger brother of a friend of ours. And I think Iryna wears his sauce quite well. 

Here's Reilly Kate modeling her new school.  


Please note: She will soon be a "tenacious bulldog."  How that's any different than before, I do not know. 

Then there's Kelly modeling the hell out of a Cubs shirt. And a slide. 


I wonder when I'm obligated to tell her that Kelly has extra chromosomes and, therefore, must get paid more. 

Then there's Roman, modeling his I couldn't give a shit look. 


Just because he can. 

Yeah. They're unforgettable. 





No comments:

Post a Comment